A catastrophic or severe injury is an injury that has a huge impact on the victim’s quality of life with irreversible consequences such as severe brain injuries, spinal injuries, amputations, chronic pain, or circulatory and respiratory difficulties.
Catastrophic injuries fall into one of these three types: physical, spinal cord, or cognitive. Physical injuries lead to orthopaedic issues, spinal cord injuries lead to mobility issues and cognitive injuries can lead to brain damage.
Examples of catastrophic injury claims:
Catastrophic injuries leave long-lasting effects on the victim and their loved ones. Here are some examples of catastrophic injury claims – but not exhaustive:
- Brain injury – a brain injury can occur when trauma is caused by a blow to the head through an accident or by medical negligence from poor care
- Serious head injuries
- Spinal cord injury – included Paraplegia and Tetraplegia
- Amputation or serious orthopaedic injuries – either immediate amputation of the limb or an injury that causes serious damage that results in total or partial loss of a limb
- Facial injuries, severe burns, and scalding
- Fatal accidents – if a family member such as a spouse, blood children or other descendants has been affected by someone who has tragically and unexpectedly died due to the negligent actions of another person
- Paralysis – a Paralysis injury usually occurs when the victim has suffered a spinal cord injury and has lost the ability to control movement or to detect sensations such as touch
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Serious injuries to children
A serious injury compensation claim can help you with ongoing treatment, adjustments to your home, transport, rehabilitation, care, loss of earnings, surgeries, a personal carer, a temporary replacement vehicle and more.
How can we help:
If you or a family member have suffered from any kind of catastrophic injury, it is crucial that you get proper legal advice from experienced solicitors. Catastrophic injury cases are unique, from the complexity of the injuries to the evidence needed, so professional advice is a must when claiming.
As part of our approach to the holistic and practical assistance that a victim has, we ensure that our clients are seen by world leading experts, who can utilise the latest scientific and medical treatments in order to resolve or reduce the consequences of a severe disability. We will also ensure that care packages are in place on a private basis to ensure that families and loved ones receive the care and attention they deserve, without burdening the National Health Service.
Our sympathetic, professional, and expert team of catastrophic injury solicitors can guide you through this challenging time of your life. You will be assigned a personal claim handler who will guide you through your claim and we can also offer a contactless legal service.
We are here to help from beginning to end, keeping you updated and doing as much of the work as possible on your behalf, so you can focus on your recovery. We create a close working relationship with our clients to compile a thorough case to ensure the success of your case.
For a free initial discussion, please contact us.