Frequently asked questions
- Will I get a direct phone number for my solicitor?
- How often will my solicitor update me?
- I have not received an update to my case in the past month, what should I do?
- I can’t get through to my solicitor, what should I do?
- Can my solicitor contact me outside of 9-5 working hours?
- Can I contact my solicitor outside of 9-5 working hours?
- Where can I find my case code?
1. Will I get a direct phone number for my solicitor?
In our first correspondence letter to you, you will be assigned a personal case handler along with their direct telephone contact number.
2. How often will my solicitor update me?
Our case handlers will try to keep you updated at least once a month. However, don’t be too alarmed if it takes longer. In many cases, we are simply waiting for a response from an external source, i.e. the Defendant. Depending on what we are waiting for and from whom, this can sometimes take up to 6 months.
We will always notify you as soon as possible once progress is made with your case.
3. I have not received an update to my case in the past month, what should I do?
As explained above, in many circumstances we are waiting for a response/something from an external source. Until we have received a response, there can be no further progress to your claim.
If you are worried about your claim or concerned about the lack of updates, feel free to contact your case handler to discuss your situation.
4. I can’t get through to my solicitor, what should I do?
We can only apologise for your concern for any unanswered replies to your emails and telephone calls. Rest assured your case handler is not ignoring you. They may have been unable to reply due to personal reasons, i.e. annual leave.
If you can’t get through to your case handler and the issue is urgent, you can call us on an alternative Scott Rees & Co telephone number and request to speak with your case manager or supervisor. Your case manager is named on the initial correspondence letter that we sent you.
5. Can my solicitor contact me outside of 9-5 working hours?
Yes. As long as you instruct your case handler, they will try their best to contact you at the time most convenient for you.
6. Can I contact my solicitor outside of 9-5 working hours?
You can call your case handler between 9am to 5pm (or sometimes up to 7pm) as they will be in the office. Otherwise you will have to leave a voicemail message or email.
Our openings times are 9am to 7pm from Monday to Friday. We are closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
7. Where can I find my case code?
You can find your case code/reference on any letter or email we send you.
This is a disclaimer to say we do not accept liability for any inaccurate or out-of-date information contained on this website at any given time. Whilst we do make every effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date, you should only treat this information as a guideline. For more information relevant to your claim, you should speak directly to your solicitor.