Scott Rees & Co solicitors are not engaged in any cold calling activity. We have never conducted cold calling in the past and never will. We do not under any circumstances cold call any prospective clients or arrange for third parties to do so on our behalf.
Have you received a cold call from Scott Rees?
As stressed, Scott Rees & Co do not condone or partake in any cold calling activities. If you have received an unsolicited call claiming to be Scott Rees & Co, or they claim to be calling on behalf of Scott Rees & Co, please report this matter immediately to our Compliance Partner, Timothy Allen (email@example.com) so we can investigate this matter.
What is cold calling?
A cold call is an unsolicited telephone call by a business seeking to attract new customers. Cold calling is the equivalent of spam in the junk folder of your email. The practice of cold calling is not illegal unless you have:
- registered your details with the Telephone Preference Service, which is the central opt-out register for individuals who do not wish to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls.
- previously notified the caller that you no longer wish to receive cold-calls by that company.
Telephone Preference Service (TPS)
The easiest method to stop nuisance calls is to register your phone number with the Telephone Preference Service. This is an official UK body with free online registration. Your number will be part of a Do Not Call list that all companies and charities are legally bound to, and are prevented from calling you without your consent.
If you are still receiving nuisance calls or texts, the TPS website offers advice on how to deal with cold calls. If you are still unhappy, then you can simply make a complaint to the TPS. The industry watchdog OFCOM also have a detailed guide on dealing with nuisance calls and messages.
The Ethical Marketing Charter
The Ethical Marketing Charter (EMC) is a collection of legal businesses in the personal injury sector who have come together to promote good marketing practices and stamp out unethical marketing tactics. Scott Rees & Co are extremely proud to be part of the Ethical Marketing Charter.
The commitments of all businesses involved in the Ethical Marketing Charter include:
- standing firmly against nuisance marketing such as to never cold call, send spam texts or emails.
- standing firmly against unethical buying or selling of accident data, or misusing data to pressure people into making claims.
- standing firmly against inappropriate or misleading advertising, never inducing personal injury claims by making false or misleading promises within advertisements.
- being upfront about any exclusions of their services including full disclosure about how their no win no fee policies work.