Warning: You currently have javascript turned off. Functionality of this website will be greatly reduced.

can i change solicitors

Can I Change Solicitors?

Can I change solicitors?

If you are asking about whether you can switch your claim from another solicitor firm to Scott Rees & Co, then can find your answer further down the page.

If you are already a client of Scott Rees & Co and you are not happy with the service being provided by your case handler, you are within your rights to change. Just because you have started your claim already doesn’t mean you are bound to them until the end of your claim. To enquire about changing solicitors, please contact Tim Allen (Client Care Partner) on timothy.allen@scottrees.co.uk and we will see what we can do for you.

Frequently asked questions

  1. Can I switch my claim to Scott Rees & Co?
  2. Can I take my claim elsewhere?
  3. Can I make a complaint?

1. Can I switch my claim to Scott Rees & Co?

If you have started a personal injury claim with another solicitor firm but you are unhappy with the service provided by them, you are welcome to switch your case to Scott Rees & Co or ask us to review the case for you. After the review of your case, we can continue with your case if instructed by you to.

To move your case over to Scott Rees & Co, you will need to complete a Form of Authority to transfer your file. Advice on how to proceed, including the relevant documents will be supplied to you once you have contacted us about this.

2. Can I take my claim elsewhere?

You are most certainly within your rights to but before you do, is there anything we can do to persuade you not to?

For example, if you are moving home and will be leaving the north and living down south, then this will not affect your claim. In most cases, you are not required to visit us on site, and any medical arrangements or court attendances will be arranged local to where you are moving to. All you need to do is notify us of changes to your contact details at your earliest convenience so that we can remain in touch with you.

Are you considering leaving because you are unhappy with our service? Is it because of the lack of progress with your claim? Are you not receiving regular updates from your solicitor? Do you feel the professional conduct of one or more of our staff is below acceptable? Whatever your problem, please contact Tim Allen, our Client Care and Compliance Partner to see if we can rectify the problem. We want you to be happy with our service; therefore we take all issues very seriously and will investigate such matters with high priority.

3. Can I make a complaint?

If you are unhappy with our service or professional conduct, you can direct a complaint to our Client Care Partner, Tim Allen. Please view our client care procedure to find out what happens after making a complaint.

All complaints, issues and feedback received are always investigated with high priority. We can only apologise if our service has not reached the expected level of standard that we usually deliver.

As stated in our client care procedure, if after 8 weeks you are still not satisfied with our final conclusion to your complaint, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response.

This is a disclaimer to say we do not accept liability for any inaccurate or out-of-date information contained on this website at any given time. Whilst we do make every effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date, you should only treat this information as a guideline. For more information relevant to your claim, you should speak directly to your solicitor.

investors in people goldlexcel logoiso logo
© 2018 Scott Rees & Co. All Rights reserved. Scott Rees & Co are not responsible for any content on external websites.
Back to top